HISPANIC POPULATION DATED 2010
HISPANICS AS PERCENT
OF STATE POPULATION
MEDIAN AGE OF HISPANICS
MEDIAN ANNUAL PERSONAL EARNINGS, HISPANICS 16+
HISPANICS 17 AND YOUNGER
HISPANICS AS PERCENT OF
ALL K-12 STUDENTS
Cumbre de Liderazgo Hispano, pagina 51 y 52
Hispanic Heritage, pagina 55
• New Jersey’s Hispanic population is 1,555,144, or approximately 18% of the state’s total population (U.S. Census Bureau, 2010).
• From 2000 to 2010, New Jersey’s Hispanic population grew by an estimated 39% (U.S. Census Bureau, 2010).
• There are 645,000 Hispanic eligible voters in New Jersey, the seventh-largest Hispanic eligible voter population nationwide, which constitute 11% of all eligible voters in the state (Pew Hispanic Center, 2010).
• Among the Hispanic population in New Jersey, 55% are native-born while 45% are foreign-born (Pew Hispanic Center, 2010).
• The median age for Hispanics in New Jersey is 30, whereas the median age of Non-Hispanic Whites is 44 (Pew Hispanic Center, 2010).
• In New Jersey, 30% of Hispanics do not have health insurance, whereas 8% of Non-Hispanic Whites do not have health insurance (Pew Hispanic Center, 2010).
• In New Jersey, the 2011 annual average for Hispanic unemployment was 11.3% (U.S. Department of Labor, 2012).
• In New Jersey, 53% of Hispanics live in owner-occupied homes (Pew Hispanic Center, 2010).
• The median income of Hispanics 16 years of age and older is $23,500 in New Jersey, compared to $43,000 for Non-Hispanic Whites in the same age group (Pew Hispanic Center, 2010).
• Nearly 60% of Hispanics in New Jersey have received a high school diploma and some college education (Pew Hispanic Center, 2010).